Thought I had posted this project last year but I guess it slipped through the cracks. Got married last year and never got a wedding band as I felt I just wasn’t a ring wearing kind of guy. Fast forward a year and I saw a post on the web about making rings with a drill press and had to try it out. This produced my plywood rings as well as a maple and walnut ring, but shortly after the bamboo rifle stock I decided to try one out of some scrap bamboo. The first one exploded (literally) while I was making it and shot little bamboo pieces across the room, but the second one worked out. I used cartelized bamboo which gives it a darker colour, and while I always meant to finish it with CA glue, I never got around to it. I make sure to not get it wet and so far it’s lasted a couple of months of daily use. It gets a little tight if my hands are sweaty but I love how the grain shows through the end.