While I said last post that I was cleaning the shop and setting up some new to me tools, I ended up finishing one last project… It was quite the year for custom rifle stocks! I’ve made many over the last few years, but 8 in one year is a new record for sure.
This one was for another local athlete. It’s made from Walnut and has some green accents (as per the athlete’s request). On this one I ended up making all the adjustable parts as well, which takes a bit of extra time but ends up working out nicer in the end.
The finish on this stock is boiled linseed oil, it’s cheap, easy, and looks great. The other 7 I did this year have all been exposed to some harsh weather and still look like the day they left my workshop.
I doubt 2014 will bring quite as many stock requests, which is fine, I wouldn’t mind spending time on some other projects I have in my head. All the cut offs from this stock (and my other stocks) get used in many of the items for sale in my Etsy Shop.