My last round of paddle making got quite the reception on Facebook, so much so that I ended up teaming up with a local kids charity that was running a canoe fundraiser. I decided to make them a custom paddle with their logo on it to be auctioned off. The paddle is made from poplar with walnut strips.
I laminated the the shaft and wrapped the blade in a way that it looks like the walnut runs right down the centre of the glad and shaft. A died epoxy tip was added to protect the end of the blade.
I painted the entire paddle with a thin coat of epoxy for protection, then a coat of poly to protect from the UV rays. The paddle was a huge hit and raise them a bunch of money for their camp programs, it was a great fit for both of us!